Who We Are
Our association represents individuals working for municipalities, utility companies and engineering consulting firms. In every community throughout the province, PWABC members are dedicated to improving the quality of life for its citizens by:
- Designing, constructing and maintaining roads, bridges and traffic control devices for road safety, mobility and commerce;
- Designing, constructing and maintaining water mains, reservoirs, pump stations and treatment plants for the supply and distribution of potable water;
- Designing, constructing and maintaining sewer mains, pump stations and treatment plants for the removal and treatment of liquid wastes;
- Designing, constructing and maintaining storm sewers, ditches, detention ponds, dykes and pump stations for protection against flooding;
- Providing solid waste collection and disposal services.
Some members may also be involved in the delivery of power and gas utilities, in maintaining public buildings and parks facilities, in regulating land use and development, and in managing complex public works organizations.
PWABC is a non-profit society registered in B.C. It is affiliated with the Canadian Public Works Association (CPWA) and is a chapter of the American Public Works Association (APWA).
The organization exists to serve its members by providing opportunities for mutual support, education and professional development. It does this through workshops, newsletters, teleconferences and an annual technical conference. Details of up-coming opportunities may be found in the Event Calendar accessible from this page.
We believe in the philosophy of mutual support among our members through the development of lasting friendships, the sharing of experiences and the exchange of information province-wide regarding problems and solutions.
- Updated Website
- Public Works Certification Program
- Value for Conferences
- Promotion and Public Awareness
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Financial Sustainability
Excellence in Public Works
Leaders in BC & Yukon
Advance the Public Works profession by promoting excellence and public awareness through education, advocacy and the exchange of knowledge.